Sometimes your mind gets so much steam or momentum behind it that you can’t stop it. It becomes like a runaway train barreling down the tracks at top speed, full steam ahead with no brakes. Sometimes it packs so much energy, it renders you scattered, unable to focus, distracted and anxious. This can ruin your day and keep you up all night so you wake up and go to bed feeling exhausted and overwhelmed.
Since your thoughts keep your feelings stirred up, this cycle makes for a difficult time. Anger, sadness or shame, for example, can consume you, distract you and drain you. Unanswerable questions about the past or future can frustrate you. Wishing things were different leaves you feeling unhappy and disconnected.
This happens because thoughts and feelings are energy. And when you allow your mind to feed its thought energy into your feelings, they intensify and grow into emotions. Emotional energy is more dense and impacts your nervous system which directly influences how the rest of your organs function—your brain, heart, liver, kidneys, glands, digestion, etc..
STOP PAINFUL CYCLES
Remember this: your energy flows where your attention goes. What your mind focuses on is what you feed all your prana or life force energy to. Whatever it is, grows in strength and power in your life.
The energy of your thoughts and feelings carry a specific frequency that can be low or high. When your mind cycles low frequency thoughts, your being cycles low frequency feelings, emotions and desires that lead to low frequency actions. These actions are not aligned with your highest good or your soul's evolution.
As you learn ways to gain mastery over your mind and reclaim your personal power, your mind becomes your employee rather than your boss—a tool you can use to elevate yourself out of the low frequency existence you are stuck in. This means you stop leaking your energy to useless mental-emotional cycles and start evolving to a high frequency life instead.
From a high frequency, life takes on an entirely different color. You feel more empowered, centered, confident and happy inside. You deal with stressors with a calm certainty rather than with worry or anxiety. You take actions that are aligned with a higher power rather than based in ego drives and fears. And you use your experiences to evolve rather than to crumble or close your heart. The difference is amazing!
WHAT YOU CAN DO THAT HELPS
Toward this goal, I offer a simple technique to help you move the energy of low frequency thoughts, feelings, emotions and desires out of your body to stop diminishing your vibrancy. From a place of renewed spaciousness you have the power to transform your life for the better. This technique is using a specific journal called a RANT journal. The technique is super simple but very powerful! Here is how it works:
1. Buy yourself a special journal with pages big enough to scribble on. The pages can be lined or not; it doesn’t matter.
2. You will keep this journal in a private place. It is for your eyes only. But just in case anyone should find it, write a disclaimer on the first page that says something like this: This journal is my RANT journal. It is part of my process to evolve beyond what it contains. And it is intended for my eyes only. I know none of what it contains is true. So do not take anything written in here personally should you happen to read it.
3. Any time your mind cycles in low frequency thoughts, you are to write them into the pages of this journal. Do not edit or screen what you write in any way. Write it as horribly as you think it. Even if you know a thought is not true or you do not agree with it, write it just as you thought it anyway. In this way you are capturing the contents of your runaway thought trains.
4. Do not write in a neat, pretty, legible way; just RANT messily!
5. Do not write anything else in this journal. It is not used for any purpose other than RANTing.
6. You can scribble, scratch, draw in this journal but only if it is part of your RANT.
When your RANT journal is full (and this can take days, weeks or even years), your task is to safely and ceremonially burn it. Alternately, you can tear out pages and burn them as you go, but I find being able to review our rants is therapeutic and helps us learn from the past, grow and evolve spiritually. Fire transmutes the energy.
Burning your RANT journal alchemically transforms and purifies all it contains, which is essential because you don't want to feed all that heavy energy into the collective consciousness or field of existence we all share. This is part of how we take responsibility for our part of creation, because we do create with our thoughts. They are the seeds of what we ultimately experience in this reality.
HOW TO DO A BURNING CEREMONY TO RELEASE PAIN
Here's how to conduct your burning ceremony:
1. Find a safe place to make a fire outdoors. I have a backyard fire pit but any clear space will do, away from brush and trees. Clear a spot on the ground that is free of grasses. You can use a grill, cast-iron cauldron or pot, or similar object to contain it if you don’t have any fire bricks or stones to form a circle. Or you can dig a hole that’s deep and wide enough to hold your journal.
2. Hold the journal in your hands and consciously thank it for holding all that pain from your past. Thank the pain and all the contents of the journal for the lessons it brought you, and for helping you heal and evolve.
3. With gratitude and with clear intent to release all it contains from your life to be transmuted to pure energy by the fire, place the journal into the space where you will burn it.
4. Depending on the type of notebook or journal, you may need to remove pages and crumple them slightly to fully burn. Or open the journal and crumple some of the pages before lighting it. Light the journal and watch it burn as you keep your intent in your awareness (to release and transmute all it contains with gratitude for helping you heal and evolve). Surrender all it contains to the Supreme Source of Love. Watch the heaviness of it burn to ash, as the smoke carries your gratitude to that Supreme Source. Feel free to stir it or poke it to help it completely burn.
5. Once it is completely burned to ash, you can put dirt over the ashes or simply leave them to disintegrate where they are. Offer your thanks to the fire for its help before walking away.
6. The final step in this process is to dream into what you want to carry forward. Now that you've cleared out all that heaviness, what do you want to grow in its place? Choose a word or phrase that captures your dream. It might be "love" or "integrity" or "courage." It might be "to honor my truth" or "love myself" or "accept my whole self as I am." Choose a word or phrase that feels good and right for you in this moment.
There's not a wrong way to do this, so listen to your inner voice — your intuition — and trust it. Write your word or phrase into a new journal as a way to mark your new beginning. Commit to yourself to keep the past in the past and move forward with this new intent. Keep your focus on this new intent every day for at least 40 days as a way of resetting the old default neural pathways and slowly shifting your life experience. This kind of specific, dedicated action is how you truly change your reality to your highest vision.
Remember, if you change nothing, nothing changes.
Join me in dissecting the wild and crazy ride of being a living, breathing, feeling, thinking human. "Like" if you do and share if you want.