Something very special is coming this week. A sacred alignment is taking place. Like many people, you may think nothing of it which is why I'm bringing it to your attention. Or if you are like me, you can feel its approach and are excitedly waiting for it...
On Wednesday March 20th, two powerful events happen together. One is the full Moon; the other is the Spring Equinox. This may seem like a silly thing to get excited about but not when you know how strong of an impact they have on you. And they do. Let's look at how...
THE MOON'S POWER
If the moon's pull is powerful enough to change the ebb and flow of the world's oceans and change the axial tilt of the Earth, what makes you think your body is not susceptible to its influence? As women, it is particularly helpful to pay attention to the phases or cycles of the moon because they influence our menstrual cycles. And for all of us, the moon impacts the rhythm of our bodies and our mental-emotional state. How?
Because the moon's pull impacts fluids and most of our body is made up of fluids like blood and water. Consider that up to 60% of a woman's body is water. The brain and heart are composed of 73% water; the lungs about 83% water; the skin some 64% water; muscles and kidneys are 79% water; and even the bones are 31% water. And blood flows through our heart and every organ, tissue, muscle and part of our bodies. Of course the moon impacts how we feel...!
THE POWER OF SPRING
And as for the seasons, each one has a role that keeps life in a prosperous balance. Take the Spring Equinox. This turning of the seasonal wheel moves things from Winter to Spring, at least in the Northern Hemisphere. Equinox is when night and day are of equal length. During the 24 hours of the Equinox, dark (night) and light (day) are in perfect balance. This is a powerful time to attend to the balance of "dark" and "light" within yourself, too.
You will notice following the Spring Equinox that the days steadily begin to outgrow the nights. We enter the peak time of Spring when new life literally seems to spring forth everywhere. Consider how the dormant life of winter gives way to the many baby animals that are born in Spring. And how the wildflowers blossom, trees leaf out, butterflies flutter about, snakes emerge, and waterways swell and flow from spring rains. These are but a few of the ways new life emerges and thrives during the season of Spring.
GROWING GOODNESS IN YOUR LIFE
Just like all the new life springing forth this season, Spring is the time to focus on what you want to grow in your life. What seeds do you want to plant in your life? What do you want to take root and grow in your life?
Like Spring rains and sunlight nourish all the new life to emerge, how can you nourish your desires so they sprout and grow into form in your life? And what nourishment do you need to take root into something different, something new? How can you support yourself in becoming the person you want to be, living the life you dream of?
USE THIS ALIGNMENT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE
This powerful and sacred alignment of the full Moon and the Spring Equinox on March 20th is an opening for you to finally take steps to create something different in your life. Here are three things to do during this sacred alignment:
1) On March 20th, write down an intent for your life, some change you want to make. Commit to taking steps this season to nurture that change into being. What changes can you make that align with your intent? Think beyond the parameters of your life today and into the larger whole of it, knowing that whatever you plant now has potential to grow into something beautiful later, just as a tiny acorn grows into a hearty oak tree with the right nourishment.
2) Take time to get outdoors in the sun and start shaking off the heaviness of winter. Let the sun touch your skin. Feel its warmth. Let the growing sunshine outside remind you of your inner sun and its growing power. Let it lift your mood and raise your motivation. Use the sun to nourish and inspire you as you prepare the soils of your being to birth something new into form in your life.
3) Just as your focus is shifting from inside to outside, spend more time doing the actions that are needed to nourish your intent and less time thinking about it.
Let's get the seeds of your desires planted into fertile soil so they can grow. Let's rid your life of what no longer serves so you can thrive. Book a coaching call with me to get started. Take advantage of every opportunity you have to create the life you really want...because life is meant to be lived and loved.
Are you tired of feeling like life is always a struggle, one hurdle after another? Or that just when things seem to be going good, something happens and they take a downward tumble? Or that no matter how hard you try, you just don't get where you want?
I know the feeling. It's exhausting to give life your all and not get the outcomes you want. You might ask, what's the point? You might feel depressed because you don't know what else to do or how to get the changes you want and make them stick. At this point you may not have the energy or motivation to keep trying.
HOW TO BREAK FREE
People say you are the captain of your ship but with such pain in your past and so many obstacles to overcome, how can you create the life you want? What else can you do when you've already done everything you can? What are you missing?
I once asked these same questions and didn't stop looking for answers until I found them. Breaking free from pain and struggle is easier than it may seem at first glance. You just have to know how. Once you know how, the rest becomes doable.
IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE
Ditching struggle isn't rocket science. It's more about fine tuning what you're already doing than inventing anything new. Everything you need to know is already inside of you. You just have to own it.
An easy approach is to think of your life as a garden. You already have a garden and it already contains everything you need to thrive. So all you need to do is tend to it differently. Let's break it down to five simple steps...
FIVE STEPS TO DITCHING STRUGGLE
Ditching struggle is a matter of how you tend to the garden of your life. Think of the container for your garden as your boundaries or personal space, the soil as your body temple, the fertilizer as your thoughts/feelings/actions, and the seeds as your desires. You already have these things. Now it's just a question of fine-tuning them to get the outcomes you want.
1. The Container. The container for your garden is the sacred vessel in which your life grows. Think of your garden container as the physical boundaries of your body and its energy field. You take this vessel with you everywhere and your life garden can't grow without it. Keep your garden space an inviting, safe and loving place for your desires to grow. Pay attention to what you expose it to. Take steps to rid your container of people, places or things that don't serve your intent to grow and thrive in the ways you want.
2. The Soil. The soil in your garden is the foundation from which the seeds of your desires grow. It must be kept rich and fertile. Think of the soil as your body's interior. What do you feed your body? How do you care for it? Do you go for short term relief that weakens you overall or do you choose true nourishment that builds long-term power and vibrancy? Are you caught in old habits that don't serve you or do you actively build new habits that do?
3. The Fertilizer. The fertilizer for your garden is how you strengthen and empower yourself. Think of the fertilizer as your thoughts, feelings and actions that create your radiance. What do you feed or tell yourself? Are you caught in regrets of the past or worry about the future? Are you struggling under self-doubt and fear? Do you judge yourself and others? Blame, shame or criticize? Or are you confident and present with what is? Do you carry compassion for yourself and others? Do you stand in your truth and live with integrity? Are you authentic? Is your heart open to giving and receiving love?
4. The Seeds. The seeds in your garden are your desires. They carry your vision and intent. And they need a sacred container, true nourishment and empowering fertilizer to grow and thrive. Without these things, the seeds of your desires will shrivel up because they can't grow and thrive in an unsafe, neglectful or toxic environment.
5. The Maintenance. Growing anything requires awareness, attention and love. For your desires to thrive, your garden needs regular maintenance. You must attend to what you expose it to as the seasons and conditions of your life change. You must provide true nourishment to keep the soils healthy long term. You must fertilize it with positivity, love and compassion to keep it vibrant and powerful. And you must weed out old habits that pop up through the soil and invade your garden so your seeds have the spaciousness they need to expand.
CULTIVATING LASTING HAPPINESS
Tending to the garden of your desires isn't a one-time deal. It's an ongoing commitment. You can't protect your garden from a winter freeze and expect anything to sprout unless you uncover it again in the spring. You can't ignore the soil and expect your seeds to thrive long term. You can't fertilize it in Aril and expect it to stay fertile forever. You can't weed it once and expect the weeds to never return.
It doesn't work that way. Ditching struggle for lasting happiness takes dedication, which is easy when you focus on your desires. These are things you want to grow in your life, right? So what greater motivation is there than that?
Defaulting into habitual struggle isn't getting you to your desires; you know this already. The way out is to cultivate lasting happiness one choice at a time. You can do it...you are your life's master gardener!
Experts say 2019 is the year for change. It's written in the stars! But since I'm no astrologer I won't get too deep into that...
What I will say is there is no good reason to keep waiting, to keep putting yourself and your life on hold. Waiting for something to change generally doesn't bring about what we want.
And if ever the forces were behind us to help make things happen, this is the year. It's time to put our gloves on and get busy! This is your life; why spend another day of it feeling bad?
YOU MIGHT SAY "CHANGE IS HARD."
That's because we've been taught that real change is supposed to be hard. It's in our cultural language: pull yourself up by your bootstraps; don't be a sissy; put your big girl pants on; hard times make you stronger; hard times prove your grit; God doesn't give you more than you can handle...And I bet you've heard other things, too.
On some level we are led to believe events that are hard will make us stronger or wiser. Believing so helps us find meaning in our struggles. We think hard times are essential to our growth, that we will be better for working hard at something, or that there's a bigger payoff for suffering through hard times. And there's nothing wrong with this view...
BUT LET ME SHARE A LITTLE SECRET WITH YOU:
Change doesn't have to be hard! And hard work doesn't guarantee success or necessarily make you a better person. Hard work isn't the only path to being strong, either. If you are struggling with your life, change is what can free you from it; and successful change can be easy instead of hard. Go figure—there's nothing magical about hard times!
THIS YEAR, PUT YOURSELF FIRST.
2019 is a good year to finally make the changes you want. And it's a great year to take dedicated action instead of struggle another day under the weight of unmet dreams. Imagine waking up on New Year's Day, 2020 filled with excitement instead of dread!
This blog offers alternative insights and practical coaching to help restore a sense of personal power and sovereignty in relation to some of life's challenges.